Patti Worden, Communications Professional
Graphic Design & Project Management supporting a wide variety of promotional and fund-raising materials for print and web. Emphasis on direct mail and email marketing. Proven success and reputation for excellence, providing support to both staff and clients.
- Design and preparation of digital files for high-value, complex printing and finishing
- Creative solutions for print, web and email marketing
- Focus on client deadlines and budgets to meet expectations using experience and resourcefulness
- In-depth knowledge of design and editing software and project management methods
- Helpful, friendly, knowledgeable people skills
- Color management from screen to press
Director of Production 2015 to 2017, Affinity Connection, State College, PA
Applied the latest technologies to keep client communications products on track and integrated with an ever-expanding portfolio of media applications. Provided graphic design input and interface with clients and print vendors to ensure smooth project management. Left position to focus on self-employment.
- Expanded use of Workamajig software by all staff for 400+ live projects on average enabling real-time job tracking
- Expanded vendor pool
- Designed presentations for grants
- Evaluated production then pushed for change to close mentoring, schedule adherence from veteran staff
Prepress Manager 1999 to 2015, Advanced Color Graphics, State College, PA
Managed department responsible for a broad range of design and prepress services from brochures to magazines for high-end commercial printing. Developed and executed direct mail, e-mail marketing, web and social media. Hired, trained
and managed prepress department staff.
- Successfully transitioned existing prepress staff to produce agency-level work
- Implemented color management across departments
- Managed addition of digital variable data and mailing; software, hardware, and workflow methods
- Created promotions including social media to grow client base and print production
- Managed production of several critical projects including four Sappi Printer-of-the-Year award winners
- Created various in-house online databases enabling real-time job tracking and retrieval of job information
Prepress Manager 1994 to 1999, Reed Hann Litho, Williamsport, PA
Successfully started and managed a very productive, in-demand prepress department transitioning from analog to digital processes. Hired and trained staff for three shifts.
Corporate & Agency Graphic Designer Laurel Health Systems, Michael Orr + Associates, Van Veen Press
Software: Adobe Creative Suite | OnOne | WorkamajigProject Management | FujiFilm XMF | Quark | MS Office | XMPie | WordPress | CSS | X-Rite | BCC Mailing | WebEx | Constant Contact | MailChimp | Constant Contact
Hardware: Mac & PC desktops & servers | Xerox Color Production Press | Wide Format Printers | Drum & Flatbed Scanners | Sony Alpha Series Camera Equipment